N E W S

 

 

  About Us
 

Gillanders Arbuthnot & Co. Ltd. (GACL) originated as a partnership firm in the early part of the 19th Century, started by Mr. F. M. Gillanders and Mr. G. C. Arbuthnot. It was incorporated as a Limited Company under the Indian Companies Act VII of 1913 on 1st February, 1935. It became part of well known Kothari Group of Companies in the late sixties (for further details please visit www.kothari-group.in).

Late Shri G. D. Kothari, a well known and respected industrialist, was the promoter of the group, which has interests in plantations, textiles, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, chemicals, machine tools, engineering, real estates and trading business activities.

Several Companies have amalgamated with the Company from time to time. In the recent past, GIS Ltd. which had two major Divisions / businesses viz.

  1. Textile Division engaged in the production of Cotton and Man made fibre/yarn and blends thereof.

  2. Engineering Division engaged in the business of structural engineering, steel fabrication, execution of turn-key projects and other engineering work under the name ‘Modern India Construction Company’ (MICCO) was amalgamated with the Company.

The Company primarily deals in tea, textiles, engineering, chemical and trading business activities. GACL has a diversified business portfolio which has helped it in achieving a steady performance by overcoming adverse cyclical fluctuations to which its various businesses may be exposed from time to time.

 

 

 

 


All Rights Reserved by Gillanders Arbuthnot & Co. Ltd.
 Powered by Versatile